RSLogix Activation issues??

CyrusTheVirus

Hello,

I have just purchased a copy of RSLogix 500. I activated the liscence but I then realised I activated it on the wrong partition on my hard drive (I dual boot my laptop to run different applications). I made a copy of the liscence using the transfer tool and tried to run it on the other partition. This didnt work. So I re-hosted all of the copies back to the website( I am assuming that is the purpose of rehost) When they were rehosted, I swapped partition and then ran the wizard. However it tells me I have no activations availible. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

I had just went through the same senerio. Only I moved the activation to a server. What I found out is that when you re-host an activation, you must go to Rockwell's web site and re-activate the license that way. It is different then installing a new activation. There is a link to get to the correct web page at the bottom of the Factory Talk Activation "Get Activations" tab. Or here is the link.

https://licensing.software.rockwell.com/

Can you see the activations on the Rehost tab? If so, go to the settings tab and stop and start the activation server. Is your activation set to the HD serial number. (example: DISK_SERIAL_NUM=xxxx)