SLC and PV Ethernet Speed

DaveW

I have a standard PanelView 1000 and a SLC552 series B connected and running at 10mb on ethernet. If I upgrade the process to a series C, will I be able to run at 100mb with the PV? I didn't look at the PV directly but the PB32 shows that the firmware is at rev 4.20.xx.

The application on the PV @ 10 mb/sec ought to be blindingly fast. Why are you considering upgrading to a series C processor?

If you are going direct (or /shudder through a hub), PLC to PV, I seriously doubt you'd ever see a difference. If you are going through a typical ethernet switch, the switch should auto-negotiate each port to what ever speed device is connected to it.

Similar Topics

Hello all! I have some machines that run an SLC 5/03 and occasionally a fault is generated. Recent Example: A power supply wasn't screwed in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a project where I need to get information from two ABB ACS880 VFDs onto the plant operator's screen (or alternatively, onto...
Replies
Views
We are replacing a piece of machinery with a newer version. The new assembly has 5 TCs which are closer by far to the operator station than the...
Replies
Views
Will a PVP7 talk to an SLC 5/05. I can't get them to talk. I have set up PVPs to Control and Compact logix plenty of times, but can't get these to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a legacy PLC (1747-L552C) and I have been asked to look at remote access (it's communicating via ethernet to a PVPlus6). I have an e...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom