FT View 5.0 Alarms and Events Objects

Kev77

I didn't get any response from the Rockwell Forum, maybe someone else can answer my question.

I need some clairification on the new Alarms and Events Objects versus the old alarming setup. I have spoke with several Rockwell employee's about how good the idea is and I get mixed answers. I was told that the Alarms and Events type of alarming is better because it moves the alarming away from the HMI and back to the controller, where the alarms are generated. I have also been told that it puts a large strain on the controller. I think the alarms should be handled in the conroller, but not at the expense of the performance. I have a large program running on a ControlLogic processor with 3 remote 17 slot racks. The SE Alarming is horrible and I like the option, but how do I know what it will do to my system if I move the alarming over to the Controller?

[font=&quot]Maybe it was my impatient response on the Rockwell forum that got me on the black list…[/font]