Log events to FTView SE alarms & events history with VBA

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

It's probably been asked before, but I can't find a specific answer. I just want to know how to log a message to my alarms and events history using VBA.

The customer wants to keep track of who's done what - obviously, we can currently see who acknowledged which alarm when and on what client computer, but he also wants to see things like "who started the line at what time" and "who shut down the client" and "who disabled this interlock" etc.

Can anyone give me some sample VBA code to log these sort of things? I know how to get the required information as far as login and computer name, I just don't know how to put it in the log.

While I'm no the topic, is there a way to filter through the alarm and event log for user messages like these? Obviously there is a whole lot of information getting logged and to manually search through for certain events could be time consuming? Or perhaps it would be better to create a separate log for user events? Any ideas?

Thanks!

FTView SE Logging alarm using VBA

Hi all,
I'm also looking for the same. want to log as an alarm whenever operator presses a button in FT View SE. Right now I'm using AlarmLogRemark, but unable to do that through VBA. I want to log alarm using VBA whenever operator gives command. Please guys need help & suggestions here...

Can't you already see what you are looking for using the Factory Talk Diagnostics Viewer?

No.. As I'm using server/client configuration i'm unable to get who has given the command & when so i'm trying to log in alarm history through VBA..

Jaffer.
You just need to add the individual client and server machies to the Message Source Configuration in the "General" tab of the Diagnostics Viewer Options menu. If you use thin clients then you need to include the server which manages these. The Diagnostics Viewer will then show messages from all of the listed machines.

Is there a way to Find the Healthyness between SQL Database and FactoryTalk Alarms & Events?

If so, Kindly Let me know.

Regards

Gopal