Factory Talk Alarms and Events Log Viewer

Bob O

Does anyone know an easy way to select/query the Factory Talk Alarms and Events [FTAE] log to show alarms base on the time they happened. I am using the Log Viewer but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to show the alarms based on the time they happened. I can set filters to show certain alarms but it doesn't seem to be very user friendly to query off of the alarm time.

Thanks,
Bob

Do you mean from within FTView? If so, and you are looking at the summary window properties, go to the sort tab, and sort on "Event Time", ascending or descending depending on your needs.

If you mean with an external viewer, I don't know, my external viewer is a report that queries the database.

Yes, I am using the log viewer with in FT and I know about the sort but that gets ALL the records. What if you want only the last two days? I am betting you could could do a filter for this but it isn't very user friendly for an operator to do this.
Example: In Historian, it has a place to select the time frame to query off of.
The folks at Rockwell that I spoke with couldn't understand why this wasn't available either in the FT Log Viewer.

I've tried and tried, and have yet come up with a way to do that. I can't seem to get the filters right to do it either.
What I have found is this program that allows you to manipulate the Factory Talk SE alarms by connecting to the SQL database. Heres the link Hope its ok to post this
http://myscada.org/mySCADA/sealarms.html Go to the SE Alarms. I've used the demo program but its very powerfull and you can print just whats selected in your alarm history, and or export to exel and many other formats.

Just ran into this myself even running the latest version(7).

Boggles my mind that the ability to generate a log report with selectable start and end times is still not in FT View.

The more time I spend with FT View the less I like it.
Frankly I liked RSView32 a whole lot more.

Shameless bump...

Anyone have a decent way of filtering FTAE alarms by date without having to drop $10k on Vantagepoint?

I have not tried it but it might work...
Inductive Automation Ignition is a free download.

https://www.inductiveautomation.com/downloads/ignition

It is fully functional for two hours then needs one mouse click to Reset for another two hours; forever!

You could use either the Ignition Designer (in Test Mode) or any launched Client and query the SQL Database/Table the FTAE is using for logging its data presuming the respective database allows the Ignition "credentials" to connect.

As a permanent solution, Ignition activation costs are listed at:

https://www.inductiveautomation.com/pricing/ignition