block too large (siemens)

userxyz

I'm trying to download all my blocks and 1 block seems to be too large. It's 18242 bytes. The block is compiled by the siemens software pdiag, so I cannot split the block in 2 parts... I think...

Is there a solution ?

And how large may a block actually be then ?

The hardware that I'm using is: 315-2PN/DP (v2.3 firmware with 512kB eprom)

You can divide them into more FB's.

In Pdiag stand on the top folder then Options--Group units. You dont have to make any new FB calls in your regular program. This is very convinient if you have more than one panel and just want to send some alarms to one of the panels.

Dont forget to call your new group in Flexible--> Diagnostics

:-/

I'll first install sp2, because I can't find it in 5.3 without sp

Bratt said:

In Pdiag stand on the top folder then Options--Group units. You dont have to make any new FB calls in your regular program. This is very convinient if you have more than one panel and just want to send some alarms to one of the panels.

BRatt

I have more groups and blocks less then 16 kBytes...

So that problem is solved,

But what do I have todo in flexible ?

Bratt said:

Combo said:
I'll first install sp2, because I can't find it in 5.3 without sp

The function to split into groups has been around for years much longer than 5.3SP2. Maybe it has been moved in the new sp i cant remember.

In Flexible under the diagnostics folder and Proagent on the left there should be a new group created just check the checkbox.

okay

okay got it...

Everything works...

kinda weird that I don't have to call FB45, 46 and 47... only the FB44 and everything works.

You said only call FB44, and you're right, but it's weird in my eyes :)

Bratt said:
The function to split into groups has been around for years much longer than 5.3SP2. Maybe it has been moved in the new sp i cant remember.

In Flexible under the diagnostics folder and Proagent on the left there should be a new group created just check the checkbox.