a shout out to all genius out there^_^ hehehe

sheryl86_ann

can u give me any idea on how to use PLC on this scenario:

At certain production company, they want recorded or say programmed reminder (audio) at certain time interval ( hourly if possible) at certain production area. Like what we've heard during breaktime or lunch time in most offices.But in this case, it was already voice recorded. This will serve as paging system too. Say production manager want to call the attention of their personnels in line.

How will it be possible?

Can anybody make this road research easy for me?

Any idea will do. Thanks

Regards,

sheryl

What is setup already? Please describe your number of areas and audio equipment (or plan). Playing and scheduling sound files shouldn't be that bad for your existing HMI/SCADA package under "alerts/alarming". Having it change outputs on a pre-amp, receiver, amp, etc would be the tricky part. Alternatively, if you don't have that many "areas" versus clients (in a distributed SCADA application), each amp could be driven by its own client - which could do other things as well, of course. You'd want it to poll the system periodically for "alarm/announcements" and play those for its area.

thanks for reading my message.. this application is intended to a certain production area ( not that large area) say 4 speakers will do already.. Im still on process researching audio equipment to be used actually.. PLC anyway is new to me. I just finished basic PLC class days ago.. No wild ideas here yet.. Any inputs is very much appreciated. Im doing research yet to realize this application.And,we are not into SCADA yet..

Hope to hear more. Thanks