decimal to hex in intouch

ungaro

Hi,

does anyone know if its possible to convert from decimal to hex in intouch? I want two value displays where you enter a decimal value in the left and you get the hex value in the right display.

thanks

ungaro said:
Hi,

does anyone know if its possible to convert from decimal to hex in intouch? I want two value displays where you enter a decimal value in the left and you get the hex value in the right display.

thanks

It can be done, you'd just have to write the script to do it.

So there is no other way than scripting? Can anyone show me the way since i don't have experience in scripts. Is this a language from wonderware or an other language (vba, c) . Anyone has a link to a manual or tutorial about intouch scripting. Apreciate the help.

The wonderware manual should be on the installation CD's. It's their own proprietary scripting language.

I was just looking for something similar within InTouch and found this in the manual

StringFromIntg() Function
In a script, you can convert an integer value to a string value by using the StringFromIntg() function.

This function returns the string value of an integer value and performs a base conversion at the same time. This can be used, for example, to show text together with integer values or for converting integer values to hexadecimal numbers.

Syntax
result = StringFromIntg (number, base)

Parameters
number

A literal integer value, integer tagname, or integer expression.

base

The base of the conversion. This is used for converting the value to a different base, such as binary (2), decimal (10) or hexadecimal (16). A literal integer value, integer tagname, or integer expression.

Example(s)
StringFromIntg(26,2) returns “11010” (binary.

StringFromIntg(26,8) returns “32”—because
(base 8: 26 = 3*8 + 2)

StringFromIntg(26,10) returns “26” (decimal).

StringFromIntg(26,16) returns “1A” (hexadecimal).

Hope this helps