AB Panel View 550

deand

I am not realy familiar with PLC's but looking for info. on what cable I should BE using to connect my pc directley to the panel view.I have a 1747-uic converter, but what cable do I use to go from the converter to the panel view?

Last edited:
Please provide the complete catalog number of your PanelView.
There is no way to help you until we know the protocol your PV supports.

Your PV has an ethernet port used to connect to your PLC, SLC or what ever brand you have. It also has a RS232 port used to connect a printer or upload/download your PV program. If the RS232 port has not been configured as a printer port, then a staright thru cable between it and your PC/Laptop will work. Use the DF1 driver in RSLinx for this connection. If your laptop does not have a serial port the a USB to serial adapter will work. The best USB to serial adapter is a "Keyspan" brand.
Your 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485 converter, it will not work with your PV.

Also to upload/download using Ethernet you will need to know the IP Address of you PV and will need to change the IP address of your laptop to be on the same network as your PV to communicate over RSLINX

Used the RS232 port with the straight through cable. Worked great! Thanks again for the helpfull advise.