Inserting JMP instruction On-line??

RPax

Hi, quick one, was just wondering is it possible to put a JMP and Label instruction in On-Line on the ControlLogix. If I put the JMP intruction in, then the PLC will not recognise the label to jump to until I insert this. This I take it will shutdown the PLC. Is there any way around this??. Thanks - Rpax

I believe a Major Fault will occur if there is no associate label to jump to.

However, if you insert the JMP instruction, simply stay in edit mode until you add the label. Changes will not take effect until you assemble the rungs.

Last edited:
Put the LBL rung in first, then assemble your edits. The CLX will run happily with a LBL and no JMP.

Then put the JMP instruction in.

Take care with your LBL rung placement. If you need to move it using online edits I believe the controller faults (Duplicate LBLs).