Inserting Photos in Posts Here

Dayvieboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
If you attach more than 1 photo.
They do not show up in the body of the post?

Is that a limitation or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:
Once you upload your attachment. use the paperclip to select attachment to enter the file inside the post.

PLC Attach.PNG

Then your post will look like this:

PLC Attach 2.PNG

I think you understand the Forum software function correctly.

In my experience, a single attached image file will appear at the bottom of the post, but only if there is only one attachment. I know that works for .JPG and *.PNG files.

Because that is sufficient for most of my purposes, I haven't (despite being a forum member for a very long time) spent time learning and using the Insert Image feature for links to hosted-elsewhere or hosted-by-PLCTalk images.

I tend to prefer not to tell a story in multiple images, but sometimes it's necessary. I try to trim mine down in size; Paint.net is my go-to utility.

This forum's software is relatively antiquated, but it's free and stable and seems to suit its community well.

yes, by default, one image will automatically display, but more than one will show up as attachments.

However, once you upload the image(s) in the [attach files] dialog, you can insert an image ...

xxx.png

by clicking its name in the popup that comes up when you click the inverted triangle next to the "paper clip" icon

Like that.

Weird; until I logged out and logged back in, all of the inserted images above only appeared as attachment links.

My advice: if your narrative requires several screenshots, make sure you trim them down to size and add annotations or highlighting so you get the most storytelling value out of that screen space. Like drbitboy did !

Last edited: