What is Inteligent Profibus slave?

ggchavhan

Can you pls elaborate what is inteligent slave on profibus?

If I configure S7 313 2dp as a slave on profibus, can I use its io's on another S7 313 2dp configured as its Master?

Is ther any other reason why this cpu is configured as slave?

Thanks,

ggc

As I understand it, an intelligent slave is just another PLC processor configured as a Profibus-DP slave. Yes, if you configure one as a slave you can use its data in the master (once everything is configured correctly).

Search on here for SFC14, SFC15, or the term "consistent data".

Similar Topics

Hi, I was noticing that Profibus connectors have 2 ports on them that can house 2 separate cables. Can I use 2 cables with Profibus signals...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in possession of a WAGO PFC 200 750-8216 which I was successfully able to set up as a Modbus RTU Master to a slave device using...
Replies
Views
I am trying to implement a profibus network and am a newbie in the automation and communication industry. what are the components required for the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using TIA Portal V18. I have imported a (v5.7) SIMATIC manager project via device proxy. I have created a HMI project (TP700) in TIA...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I am new to the S7-300 and the whole Profibus communication. And I just wonder that can you connect a S7-300 module to a Beckhoff Bus...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom