5/05 to 5/05 EEM

NBJamie99

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

Just trying to see if I am using the EEM instruction correctly. Does anyone know if it can be used to send and receive data with only one command? I know I could just use a read and write MSG command, and assume I could use a read and write EEM, but if I can use only one that would be nice.

I am trying to send at least 4 words worth of info back and forth. I originally set it up to send and receive, but the service came up as custom, with no service code. I am not sure how to set the rest of the instruction up to give it a service code and class/instance/attribute, and can not find anything which give info on what they should be or how to set them.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

When you're communicating back and forth between SLC-5/05 controllers the safest thing is to perform a MSG Read in each controller.

There is no instruction for sending and receiving data in a single transaction.