slc 505 messaging help!

kentuckytech

Help!, I'm trying to create a way to move data from either of 2 slc 505's via a panelview 1000.Here is my problem: I created a read and a write message to be able to move data from one slc505 to another one. My communications is working but my problem is that i want to be able to go to one panelview and change an interger value and the change show up on another panelview that is communicating with a different slc505.I can get it to do that, but i can't go to the other panelview and change the interger value there because it keeps writing the value from the other one. I hope i haven't confused anyone as much as i am right now! Help!!!!!

If that is the case use a one-shot rung when the value to send the MSG instruction so that it's not constantly overwriting in the other PLC.

I believe these are ethernet panelviews, if so then just map the one value to both panelviews, then either one can manipulate the value. No need for messaging between the processors.

Panelview1 reads/writes to a register in PLC1, Panleview2 also reads/writes the same register in PLC2.

Just add another Node to the Panelview2.