MM420/S7 status bits in LAD

Yostin

Hello,

Can anyone please inform me of how to transfer the drive status word from an MM420 in to bits in LAD? I am using PP0 in the profibus setup and understand the PQW/PIW sketch, it's just the bit extraction that's beyond me at the moment. I am trying to simplify the code for maintenance staff to follow and fault find, hence the LAD requirement. This is my first S7 project but have a lot of experience in Logix and GX Developer.

Many thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I have 10 drives and to keep things simple, I have created 1 FB for VSD control and 10 DB's, one for each drive. I am then using 10 instances of the FB each associated with a different DB in OB1. Please remember this is all in LAD. In the FB, I have created an IN word called Drive_Status to which I reference the correct PIW. What I need to do is reference the bits of this word but ensure it can be done in this VSD control FB.

Cheers.

Here's an example using an FC to map the word to 16 individual bits:

bit009.JPG