MicroLogix 1500 Data Log

fturner

Hi all-
I am using a ML1500 LRP with the data logging option, and am trying to write a utility to upload the log using Visual Basic 6. I am not using RSLinx or any AB software, but am using DF1 protocol. I am able to upload the log, and any other address using a protected typed logical read with three address fields. My question is, is there a way to determine how many records are in a particular queue? The ML1500 user manual states that this info is available from ladder logic at "DLS0:Q.RST, where Q is the queue number." .RST appears to be sub-element 2, but what is the file number? I know I could use a move statement in the ladder to copy this number to an integer file and read it from there, and maybe that's the way to go and I have answered my own question, but does anyone have another way? Thanks in advance.