Micrologix 1500 Transfer Data?

donl517

I need to move some data from N7:20 to ST20:1 so I can send it as an ASCII String to a data logger. I used the mov command:

Source: N7:20
Destination: ST20:1.DATA[0]
\00\00

This is the only way it would let me enter the data, is this the correct format?

Then I used the AWT command:

Channel: 1
Source: ST20:1
Control: R6:0
String length: 0

I am pretty sure this is correct but I don't see anything happening.

Any instructions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

two ways...

You could use win-zip and attach it, or you could print it to a PDF, I would do both, that way more can learn and/or give there input

Don,

By no means am I very good with comm stuff...

but what I did notice...

Your AWT in rung 10 lad 2, has a value of 0 in your string length...you will be sending nothing

Your MOV in the rung before???I dont know if that is correct, I dont know the correct way, but it does not look right to me.

I'm hope someone will step in and help

You need to use the AIC instruction to convert your integer to a string

Then you must use a MOV instruction to take ST20.LEN to R6:0.LEN. This way it will transfer the length of your string.

Does the device you are sending it to require any termination charactors?

I am not strong on ASCII but I saw a zero being put in the ST file, even if he does as suggested the system will write a zero, erasing all data.

Why the zero?

I think he is trying to keep the ascii from being sent a second time. Look at the NEQ in the same statement

Pretty much if something is in the string, send the string, then clear the string so it won't be sent again.

Not the way I would do it but it should work

TWControls,

Here are the revised programs with the suggested changes.

As far as I know, I am waiting for an answer, it does not need a leading or trailing character.

Not the way I would do it but it should work

Please elaborate, How would you do it? I am always looking for new tricks!

Thanks,
Don

I still think you would be sending nothing....

AWT.gif

Read this, I may be wrong, but....

AWT1.gif

String Length (.LEN) is the number of characters you want to write from the source string (0-82). If you enter a 0, the entire string will be written. This is Word 1 in the control block.
Am I misinterpreting this statement? I thought it was pretty clear.

Thanks,
Don