Micrologix 1500 Transfer Data?

rsdoran,

I am not strong on ASCII but I saw a zero being put in the ST file, even if he does as suggested the system will write a zero, erasing all data.

Why the zero?

If you read the whole rung it will not go true unless something is in ST20:1 register other than 0 (NEQ=0). It will then execute the two instructions in the order they are encountered; the AWT first and then the MOV. This should send whatever data is in the registry as long as it is not 0. Then it will write a 0 to the registry to prevent the string from executing again.

I expect this should work. (hopefully) If you have another suggestion I would be happy to hear it. I am always looking for a new trick to make this easier!

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:
It may be me...Have you ever ran this? what I was doing was comparing it to my programs, I see that yours 0 Characters Sent, but that may not come 'true' until after the code has been ran on the processor, sorry if I confused things, my code is is below

AWT2.gif

I have run it now! Worked great! I changed the MOV instruction to a COP instruction ST20:2 to ST20:1. I liked the blank result better than the \00\00 I was getting.

FYI: Characters sent changed to: 2

Thanks for the help!,
Don

donl517,

Could you post a sample of your working logic with the AWT and other required commands? I'd like to see another working set of logic. Also, did you need to adjust the string length in the AWT command?

Thank you.

Last edited: