ABB VFD Profibus DP Adapter Power

nmontev

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a few profibus networks that have ABB ACH 550 drives using the RPBA-01 profibus adapter for control. The issue we currently have is that even though the terminating resistor is set on the connector, on the end device and we power the end drive down, we lose that entire spur. The issue is the RPBA is powered from the actual drive, and the only power to the drive is the 480VAC that we need to remove to complete the work. I have a couple ideas, but has anybody else dealt with this issue and have any simple solutions?

Similar Topics

Hi, I am new in using S7-300 PLC and Profibus. May I have the sample program code (TIA Portal version 11) to control ABB VFD through Profibus...
Replies
Views
Hello, It is mandatory to use VFD IF i use IE5 electrical motor? What happens If connect it directly as delta without VFD? Please look at motor...
Replies
Views
Hello Experts, I recently stumbled with an issue about ABB VFD ACS800 connected with B&R PLC X20CP1484-1. This ABB VFD ACS800 somehow got...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a project where I need to get information from two ABB ACS880 VFDs onto the plant operator's screen (or alternatively, onto...
Replies
Views
Hello all. Working on a centrifuge for a customer. They have ACS880 ABB Vfd's installed, and need them to talk VIA the FENA card Ethernet to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom