Current output from Masterdrive

denz52

Hi everybody
I have a siemens masterdrive driver. It communicates other drivers and indutrial plc with profibus.
How can I take analog output for motor current from masterdrive?
I want to connect some alarm device on analog current output.When current increase over the set value , alarm device should give to some alarm.
I think I have to arrange some BICO parameter to maintain current output?

best regards...

Hi, You don't specifify which type of masterdrive that you have or which controller is inside CU2, CU3, CUMC or CUVC?

The source for the analogue output on a CUVC compact plus is P640, setting this to 22 will output amps but setting 24 will give an output of torque which is probably more useful.

You may also be able to perform the monitoring function inside the drive and just give a digital output for the alarm; this can be done with the built in blocks present in the later versions of the drive firmware.

Nick

thank you

First thank you very much for your answer..
My driver is masterdrive VC (CUVC) , slot A CBP2 .6SE7033-7EG60-Z code number...

you are rihgt..P640 very usefull I know.But this parameter is used by my driver ,parameter (as index1 =K3004 ,index2=K3005)

As you say if I can arrange some digital output for alarm (high current)but all digital output full too.(P651,P652,P653,P654)
Only P654=B0 Fix Binector <-- can I use this?
If I can use P654 how should I do?
How can I transfer current value to P654 and compare highest current value to maintain alarm?

You can use the "free blocks" built into the drive to build the application you require. "Free Blocks" are a collection of ready made logic and analogue functions that you can freely configure as you please. The free blocks are documented in the compendium manual.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW&objid=10804947&treeLang=en

For any of the "Free Blocks" to function you must allocate them to a processor time slice by setting the appropriate U95X.X parameter to something other than the defaults.

You can use the limit value monitor, detailed on page 740 of the manual, to monitor when a value exceeds a limit. Set U952.68 to 7 to process the limit value monitor block. Set U146.1 to the monitored value, U146.2 to the limit value, U149 to 0; B0478 will be true when your monitored value exceeds the limit. B0478 could then be used to drive your digital output.

Nick