MPI address of CPU

harrydeharry

01.Is there any mathode to change the MPI address of the 318 cpu.]
02.If new CPU connected what address it will be bydefault or will ask for the same as i never used or configure new cpu
Thanks in advance

harrydeharry said:
01.Is there any mathode to change the MPI address of the 318 cpu.]

02.If new CPU connected what address it will be bydefault or will ask for the same as i never used or configure new cpu
Thanks in advance

Go to the hardware config. of your project and double clink on the slot with the CPU, this is slot 2. Go to the properties button next to the MPI network

It defaults to address 2

JRW said:
Go to the hardware config. of your project and double clink on the slot with the CPU, this is slot 2. Go to the properties button next to the MPI network

It defaults to address 2
Can we change the address ?
How ?

JRW has just explained that to you.
Go to the Hardware (HW Config) in Simatic Manager, right click on CPU -> Object Properties, then button Properties on tab "General" under MPI and you can choose address from drop down list (max 31).
After that, save and compile your Hardware configuration.

Regards,

Pandiani

Pandiani,

the max MPI address is not 31, it's 126, but you can choose to limit it to 31. This has to do with communication load on the MPI network.

Kind regards,

AFter you've saved the hardware configuration with the new MPI address (not 2) you have to download it to the PLC through its MPI port. Connect the PC to the PLC's MPI port and click the download button in the hardware configuration. It should pop up a window that says something about the connected node being node 2. go ahead select the MPI=2 processor and download. AFter the download the plc processor should now have the new address.