Op277 communication to TI 505-1106

Chris S

Ok I've searched and Looked around for a few days now on the website and Siemens site and still havent found much to help me.

So here is what I have an issue with.

I currently have a TI 505-1106 Processor with a ProfiBus network that consists of 3 OP27's and 5 ET200 remote racks. I want to change the HMI programming software from Protools to WinCC Flex 2005. I have 3 OP277's which are supported by the WinCC Flex.

Now I've converted the first Protool file so that I can test it out first in our lab. It seemed to convert fine with no errors from an OP27 to a OP277. But when I hook it up to the Test PLC that is identical to the desired PLC with the program in it and in run mode it wont communicate. But I have downloaded to a spare OP27 the original file that communicates with the same PLC.

What I am wondering is what am I missing to make the New op communicate to the PLC with. The current OP is set to node 3 and I think the new one is too but am unsure how to check that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,
To check the device address goto the project tab and open communication/connections, on the parameters tab should be the device address along with the PLC address and Network.

Ok then it must be set for that node then. So that leaves the Coms Profibus files. Seems I will have to find the files for that op now that we use one and merge it into the profibus file on the PLC.

I anyone else has any tips for me on this it would be appreciated. These are a bit different to setup and convert then AB. Oh well got to learn it sometime I guess.

Chris S said:
Ok then it must be set for that node then. So that leaves the Coms Profibus files. Seems I will have to find the files for that op now that we use one and merge it into the profibus file on the PLC.

I anyone else has any tips for me on this it would be appreciated. These are a bit different to setup and convert then AB. Oh well got to learn it sometime I guess.

Hello Chris

Here is a link to the CTI (they make new cpu,s that replace the 555 ones) to documentation files how to set up a connection between a 2500 cpu (replacement for the 555) and a OP making use of com profibus.

The difference is that CTI has written a subroutine for communication between a 2500 and a OP.

This subroutine replaces the XSUB routines from siemens but if I understand your question correctly you already have logic to drive the communication?

When I remember right there is an example program for the TI555 within Wincc to drive this communication.

Since you have a power math CPU it would be nice for testing I think to test CTI,s subroutine on this processor.

I have never been able to test this because we don’t have the 555-1106 processors in our plant.

Don’t think it will work on a 555-1106 because the function should executed in line and not all special function instructions can be executed inline with a 1106

Further more I think that the scan time will increase a lot?

We switched over directly from the 555-1102,s from siemens to the 2500-C400,s from CTI and are pretty satisfied with them.

Here is the link to the CTI download site.

http://www.controltechnology.com/downloads/

And here is also a link to the Siemens site where you can find a lot of stuff for the 505 range from Siemens
http://www2.sea.siemens.com/Products/Automation/Programmable-Controllers/Programmable-Controllers-SIMATIC-505-Manuals.htm

Hope it helps you?

Regards

Henny

Perfect that's what I'm looking for.

But yes we are changing over to the CTI stuff but we need an interum swap from one op to the next before going to the eithernet stuff from CTI because of time constraints.