How old is Siemens OP277?

Wilso

Read something on another thread about Siemens 10 year support etc etc etc.
Plant has been here for 6 years. Since I'm likely to be the one maintaining it electrically for the foreseeable future, I want to know well ahead of time if these things are going to go the way of the dodo any time soon. Got a couple of OP77B's as well.

Production discontinuation of Oct 2014. Repair and supply of spare parts guaranteed until 2022. Sounds good on initial reading, but having dealt with a number of failed panels, not one has ever actually been repaired. Siemens have replaced them at approx 1/2 the cost of just buying a new one outright (repair by replacement), but as I said, I've never actually received a repaired unit back. A very common problem with this unit is buttons getting stuck, and since they're embedded in the membrane, they're not repairable as such. Never yet seen a membrane replaced.