RSLinx "Failed to open project"

Seagullplayer

Running RSLinx 2.43 (lite)

I am getting an error from RSWHO: Failed to open project

Got the error for the first time this morning, I was online with a PLC about a week ago, everything was fine. Only two things have happened in the last week:

Our IT department installed some extra memory in the laptop.

One of the other Engineers used the laptop to get online with an SLC 500, I don't know if he had trouble or not, he is out for a week.

I call IT, they say reinstall, so I do, same problem.

After I close the RSWHO error, I get a second error:

RSLinx Failed to creat empty document

Any help?

I had a similar problem running a new install of Windows NT with RSLinx OEM v 2.30.01

RSWho would give me a "failed to create empty document" error.

Working with my IT guy, we reinstalled the software, and couldn't come up with any answers. We did notice that Internet Explorer was not working properly on the computer (the OS did not recognize it was installed).

RSLinx needs IE to run (it's on the install disk, and says so when you try to install). We ended up formatting and moving to Windows 2000, and everything worked correctly after that.

Fixed!!!!

The addition of the memory was not the problem, but they also changed the startup procedure on the laptop to make it boot faster!

We put the startup back to normal and the problem went away!!

Thanks for the help.