Intouch 8.0

EagleElectric

I am using Intouch 8.0 I have got everything set up but I have to generate some reports each day. LIKE 4. Anyway I cant seem to get the data to transfer right. I need to do a few things:
1. Retrieve tagname data at specific times and place it in specific cells of a spreadsheet. Like hourly total stuff.
2. save the spreadsheets every night as the day of the week, month or whatever without messing up my template spreadsheet.....

I know this may be too much to ask but if someone could just point me in the right direction or link me to somewhere where I can find some good data I would appreciate it.

P.S. I have already read the Intouch manual and been on Wonderware's support website.......

I'm not too sure about about InTouch 8.0, I'm using 7.1, but I think 8.0 is the Windows XP version? At least with the 7.1 version of InTouch they claim you can use DDE communication to link data to an Excel spreadsheet (amongst other DDE aware programs).

As a general outline you'll probably need to write some InTouch 'QuickScripts' to initiate the data links on an hourly basis. The QuickScripts would basicly open or activate your spreadsheet which will probably need some VBA code to initiate and transfer the the data via a cold DDE communications link. Another method would be to use a hot DDE link to transfer the data on an hourly basis and close the spreadsheet. Most of the programming will need to be done in the spreadsheet. I know there are some examples in the Wonderware 'Knoweledge Base' CD.

I hope I'm not in left field while the ball is right field on this, after all I'm only a controls guy (not an IT guru) and a few hours of hands on training hasn't been enough for me! :D

I commisioned an installation using intouch 6.0 and excell.
We made a report every hour, day, week and month.
Only the hourly data was retreived from intouch. We wrote a VBA code in excel that made te link with intouch trough DDE.

If you know if 6.0 and 8.0 work alike I can give you some samples.

Hi Folks,

I have same application which need to generate report by hourly.

can somebody give me some samples as my reference

regards

Wonderware Alarm

Plz Help Me For The Below Questions...,,,,,,;;;;;;;

Using Alarm Db Viewer Can I Take The Alarms On The Particular
Time?????
Example In Run Time Suppose A Operator Want To See Todays 2.00 Am To 7.00 Am
Alarms....

Ajmul

Hi
To you have to use time stamp the tags from InTouch to excel you have to use Functions in the script, functions are as under
WWPoke()
FieldWrite() etc you have to write the script very wisly, I cannot give you sample code, I done it no of times, if some problem comes, contact on my email.

you couldnot understand my question
i need to take selected alarms on the particular time ?
how can i take the it from the msde using db viewer?
i heard about using activex we can do it?
i dont know how can i do it?