Password for SLC 501

I am in a mess, I took over a project that a previous person started and upon his passing found he had passworded the SLC. I have searched high and low through all his docs. and came up empty handed. Is there any way, master password etc, to open this program..

I would hate to have to rewrite it over a timer that just has to be changed to allow for different material density...

Thanks

Any one that can help please email me at [email protected]

There is a master password, if you ask AB nicely, I think they may supply it.
The guy is unreachable, to ask him?

One of my customers, GM, insists that there be no passwords, and that the first rung contains an unlatch for the Deny Future Access bit.

Asking Rockwell for the Master password is probably like asking someone for the PIN to their bank card. (I'm guessing here)

TRY THIS ---link removed by Phil----

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had to do this before, and there is a way past the password in the SLC's and PLC-5's. We paid for A-B to send a guy out to the plant, and swore on the Stanley Cup that we had rights to the program in the controller (a disgruntled but not deceased employee had passworded it).

It's possible to cut off even this "back door"; in fact, if you read the user manual about OEM Lock you're certain to do so.

There have been a handful of debates on this topic on this Forum. Don't bother with the archives; posting your guesses or the "big dark secret" itself is a sure way to have the thread disappear.

After all, it wouldn't be much of a password if everybody knew how to defeat it !

By the way, the Halifax office of A-B is pretty well regarded. They can help you out if you keep things aboveboard.

AB Master Password

This may or may not still work, but I have used this a few times in the past on SLC501-503 CPUs with APS and HHT. Back door password "unlock" which you enter in as "865625".

Sorry Phil!

I guess in my eagerness to show off my resourcefulness I provided a link to a site that is frowned upon. I am known as one not to quit until a problem is solved.

OOPS!