Wago 750-841 and CodeSys opc - how?

DamianB

Hello,

I am trying to connect my Scada system to the Wago 750-841 system using the Codesys OPC server.

My scada system can not see any of the symbols for the system. I have mapped the hardware using the codesys programming application and compiled it. How do I allow the symbol file to be seen by the codesys opc server? There are no straight forward instructions that I can find or examples of how to set this up?

Thanks in advance.

Not that I know anything about your SCADA (which you didnt tell us what was - tsk tsk) or Wago, or the CoDeSys OPC server, but before attempting to access from the SCADA, use an OPC test client.
These are typically much easier to use, and you can rule out configuration errors in the SCADA. When that part works OK, move on to connect via your SCADA.

Thanks for impressing speed of response. The SCADA isnt the problem hence I didnt mention it. I can connect to the OPC server but dont see any tags (as I belive they havent been set up). My question really is how do I set up the Codesys OPC server with the various tags needed to talk to the WAGO 750 PLC?

Thanks.

I've never used Wago but I believe you need to download the symbol file to the PLC.

I believe this is under the target settings.