Wago 750-841 Data backup

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
We are transfering some programs from one PLC to a bunch of others (using Codesys).

Although much registers are of the "Sustained" quality, we want to also backup them registers in order to have a view of some of the newer adjustment the operators have writen with the HMI.

We have the program backup with the source code. How do we get the data backed up also?

Tx.

impossible, to back it up with all variables intact, however you can see all of them when monitoring with the software. and you will have to write them down.
You could make a visualisation with your variables all on one screen, start the monitor and print it with rint screen. or a screen capture.

impossible, to back it up...

Sorry, but I can't beleive that.

Doing so would render this PFC a piece of ****. I shall pursue my quest for a way to succeed. (although your answer rises the "Oh-$hit factor).

OK, here's how to do this... at least, thanks to Phil and his site, it will be available for future wanabee coders.

While on-line, in Codesys, you select the Ressource Tab.
Then go to Browser.
You will see a command line. Type ? in it.
You will have a list of online commands.
Use the "Save VAR_SUSTAIN" command.
Select a name for this file.
All data values of sustained tags will be save in the PFC.
Then use an FTP client to browse the sub-directories of the PFC... get this file...
Use the RESTORE_VAR_SUSTAIN command in the next PFC to transfer it the data. Just like Christopher Columbus, its easy once you know how to do it.

Voila!

Where exactly does this Browser Command live?
Can't seem to find that here.

In the Codesys software, at the bottom on the left side you will see a Ressource TAB.

Click to get there.

Then in the three, you will see a Browser sub-dir.

Double click it.

The browser window appears on the right side...

WHEN ONLINE ... you will see a command line on the right side...

There it is...

Punch in "?" ... Enter... you should see the available commands.