Wago 750-841

smurfy125

Hi, I need some help with a Wago 750-841. I am currently trying out this PLC controller to run a small application but for some reason when the PLC is power cycled the PLC does not go back into run mode and as a consequence the logic is not being processed. You have to go online top the processor and set it back to run.
Is there anyone that can help me with this issue please.
Thanks

Hi there,

To get the PLC to go back into run after a power cycle there is a little switch inside a small cover on the front of the controller. That needs to put in the upwards RUN position.

To get the controller to maintain its program you need to flash it when satisfied with code. This is slightly different depending what your programming with. Is it I/O Pro or CoDeSys?

Bummer. I was hoping it was IO Pro as I dont have CoDeSys installed on this laptop and its a while since i used it.

What you need to do is something like this. Download project to controller. Then under the same tab is there something like create sourcecode???

Morphuis was correct about the run switch in the processor, but that will only tell the processor to start up in Run mode. If the PLC is powered down, it will lose the program unless you indicate that you want it to automatically load a boot project. First of all, you should create a boot project by selecting the "Online" menu choice and then select "Create Boot Project". This will create the Boot Project file. Next, click on the "Resources" tab, then select "Task Settings" from the project tree. This will open a dialog box, then click on the "General" tab. Make sure that the "Load BootProject Automatically" check box is checked. The next time you download the program, CoDeSys will ask you if you want to stop the processor to load the project. Select yes and download the project.

If you still have problems after doing this, I would suggest calling Wago tech support. They are very helpful and can walk you through the process.

Regards