PRoblems with RSLogix 5000 AWA & AWT instructions

tribunomex

HI:

My new message is to ask how work with AWA and AWT (ASCII port instruccions), in that instructions exist a parameter called "Serial Port COntrol", and i used a string tag (as the help contents say) but, I dont know what I have to writer in the string. What I must to do?? Well I suppose thats were I'm wrong, but the message is the next:

Error: Rung 4, AWA, Operand 2: Invalid data type. Argument must match parameter data type.

Thanks.

tribunomex said:
HI:

My new message is to ask how work with AWA and AWT (ASCII port instruccions), in that instructions exist a parameter called "Serial Port COntrol", and i used a string tag (as the help contents say) but, I dont know what I have to writer in the string. What I must to do?? Well I suppose thats were I'm wrong, but the message is the next:

Error: Rung 4, AWA, Operand 2: Invalid data type. Argument must match parameter data type.

Thanks.

The Tag for Serial Port Control MUST be a tag of type SERIAL_PORT_CONTROL

serialport_ctrl.jpg

Last edited: