Order of signals Omron CJ1M

MauriceDerden

Hello,
I'm looking on how i should determine in which order signals are comming high, i have an application with 3 signals (bits) comming high in random order, but i need to know which one was the first, this machine has 3 buffer water tanks,be filled all at the same time but not on the same speed, after this full detection i get a signal, tank will made empty, in the mean time one of the ohter tank becomes filled up, so thats why i need a simple and good way to store and to detect which one was first.

Hopefully someone no how to do it.
Thnx in advance

Maurice

well when one tank becomes full and sends that signal you can store that signal into a memory location all three signals one for each tank full I would store into a different location as each signal comes in you can either use the RTC to record what time that signal arrived or run a compare instruction to see if any other signal is already arrived then send that data to its needed location. once all three tanks are full rewrite those same three memory locations so they read zero

change that place each incoming signal as follows tank 1=bit zero at memory location. tank 2 =bit 1 tank 3 =bit 3 as each instruction comes in compare that memory location to values 1, 3, 5 if one then tank 1 is already full if three then tank 2 is already full if value 5 then tank 3 is already full ( keep in mind to work out the value for two tanks full at the same time and add those comparisions. If you activate a high speed counter at the same time as all three tanks are started then as each one comes in record the counter value at the same time save that data to where you need it then when all three are loaded reset everything. this will allow you to get the number of counts to fill as well as order that they fill good luck there are other methods so keep an open mind this is just some of the options available

Omron signals

Hey Mordred,

That last one seems to me a good one, i'll try it out and i'll see if it's working, do you know if there is a standard instruction how support this one? maybe a FB?

Thnx for your help

No luck

Problem seems to me the filling can be all at the same time or seperated, exp: tank 1, tank 2, again tank 1, tank 3.....
i need to work with the something like time stacking.

Can you give me a short example, i never used it before

Thnx
Maurice

I will see if I have time to write a short example I don't have one at the moment there is several instructions such as compare, or equal instructions essentially the math instructions can be used as your creating a value by saving the conditions as a bit pattern in the same word. PS I don't have available a cj1m but I do have a cpm2a I can use to write the example

Thnx, i'll try to figure it out on my own, (you never now) and if i find the solution myself i'll post it here anyway, i preciate your help.
Thnx

I think about using the A351 region, moving the value to D memory 1 for tank1, D2 for tank2, D3 for tank3 then compare en after the finish moving back to zero.... hmmm i'll have to think hard :)

one instruction to look at is the table compare may save several rungs
TCMP page 83 publication cat w394-e1-02

I saw that the calendar instruction can be used, how in my case? The calendar uses 4 words
A351-A354

341 (= DT)
342 (<> DT)
343 (< DT)
344 (<= DT)
345 (> DT)
346 (>= DT)

What about using a FIFO and moving the actual Tank Number in and out of it?

Or just an Integer file. Dedicate a file to "First Tank To Become Empty" and move 1 2 or 3 into it (The Tank Number). Then once that tank is full move 0 into it. Another file is "Second Tank To Become Empty", and if First Empty Tank is not 0, then move the tank number into Second Empty Tank. Same with the 3rd.

after looing closer at the tcmp instruction I failed to notice thatt he source must be consecutive so it won't help I'm not sure which calender instruction your looking at One question is how do you want to indicate the results for viewing are you sending that data to an hmi? I would try getting it to work with timers\counters first.

FIFO is short for first in first out its a data array similar to a stack essentially its a set of sequential file locations with a set length.