Order of signals Omron CJ1M

I'm not familiar with Omron PLCs.

Here is an example that I made up real quick of how I believe it could be done. I had to use RSLogix 500, because that's what I had available.

There may be a few bugs, cause I haven't tested this at all and am not that skilled with FIFO commands.

I'll see how far i can get with this :) thnx
It's difficult when you don't know what or how to do something.
I need first to understand how this is working and how you have to handle Fifo, what is happening when you do something, what about the pointer.
Also which memory are may i use, exp: can i use the Hr area?

I understand what your saying I'm still struggling with Cx-programmer myself its definetly not as intuitive as rs Logix (my preferred platform )
I've been working between breakdowns to write an example however it may take me some time.

its definetly not as intuitive as rs Logix (my preferred platform )

Oh boy, I do disagree.

It is possible to also write latches etc but the biggest problem you will have is the PLC scan. If two turn on at the same time and the scan has gone past the first one it will pick up the second one and call it the first. This is the same with all PLCs.

I have just returned from a site a long way away and am just about to go back there. Will not be back for about a week. If you are still having problems I will see what I can do with a reply when I return. Sorry about that but NASA do not wait for anyone.

Thnx for all the help that you guy's offering, i need it also just because i find not enough information to understand the working and what is happening and how to be done.
I can't write a program if i don't understand the working of an instruction, in my case it's based on FIFO, later on i have to get this information on my HMI it's not a Omron but a Red Lion HMI G308, i love to work with this one because of the build in webserver!

In the mean time i hope i can find out and understand the Fifo struggling...

Hello all,
I did find a solution, maybe you can take a look at it and give some comments,
First you always have to use the SSET instruction to define your Stackrange, exp: (SSET D0 #7) this means start stack address for the first tank will be on D4, (D0-D3 don't use this it's config words)
Second you must also use the Push instruction exp on trigger from 0.03 (difup) push D0 D3000 (move first a value to D3000 exp: 3000) each push moves a new value into the stack in my case only 3 (D4, D5, D6), Thirt you use a FIFO instruction to get out the information (first in first out)you will see the value will shift up each time you trigger your FIFO, the value left in the words after FIFO triggering will be the last value added, exp, tank 3 = value 3000, this value remains in words D4,D5,D6 use a Snum instruction to check out how many stack left behind, if this becomes "0" you can trigger your SSET with a difu to reset your stack area back back to "0" (if nessesary)
Check out the example, you will need CX-programmer to open it
Explanation is not so easy

Last edited:
The only thing I see that leads to concern is that you should use the pop instruction to remove old values this way you won't run into a stack overrun. Hopefully others can confirm what I stated

guess Omron doesn't use that instruction A lot of different softwares such as the 8086 instruction set. (Assembly lang) uses a procedure of whatever you push onto the stack you must also pop from the stack looks like its setup to automatically do so when the stack becomes full in Omron