English - German instructions translation

syma710

Hi all of you.
I've lookep upon the threads in the forum and in the internet and found some similar things but not exactly what I need.
I currently facing a problem to learn STL because I'm working in Germany and the software is in German as all STL mnemonics are.
I konw there is the option to select in which language to write the mnemonics but every time it is used the MAnager must be closed and I have to open everything again.
The books I have for reference are in german and most forums are in english. So I loose a lot of time looking for what means what in both langugages.
What I would like to know is if anyone has a table with correponding mnemonics that is easy to use. Or can it be found in internet?

thx

Go to Simatic Manager .. Help .. Contents .. Calling Reference Helps (LAD, STL, FBD, Blocks etc.).
Then select Language description: STL.
Then you will find STL instructions sorted according to German Mnemonics (SIMATIC)
and STL instructions sorted according to English Mnemonics (International)
In both these lists you can see both german and english STL mnemonics listed next to each other.

Edit: In a german language STEP7, the help files will have different names, but with the same meaning. I guess you can figure out what I mean.

L D[AR2,P#0.0],
Thanks for the reference. It will undoubtedly be of great help to improve programming and language skills.

Jesper,
Thanks for the insight into the help. Never really paid attention in the first to links of that help page. Should have :oops:.

Can't oblige with the statement list translation but if you want a pocket reference for technical german into english then I'd recommend:

Taschenworterbuch Technik Deutsch-Englisch by H.G Freeman / G. Glass. ISBN No. 3-19-006274-9

This was ten euros very well spent. I strongly recommend it. (y)

Bought it via Amazon.

More information here