RSView SE 4.0 Help

aiki202

I have to make some minor changes to an RSView SE version 4.0 stand alone application. I am quite familiar with RSView ME usage as well as RSView32, but have never made any changes in SE. What I am looking for is a few short bullets that outline the steps required to stop the app/server, make changes, and restart the system. Any other things I should be aware of would also help. I have read the user manual but I still do not have that confident feeling.

I know I will have to edit the app using RSView Studio, then select the Stand Alone choice for my app. From what I have read it appears that the steps are similar to RSView32??? Also, how do you stop an SE project that is running (RSView32 = Ctrl/Alt/P)?

RSView Studio: Does it have to be -or- can it be installed on the same PC as the runtime (server) software?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! 🤞🏻

I´m used to work with se distributed, but unless you have to add new tag to a log file or create a new file log, I do not have to stop and start the server, all you have to do is to have studio on the same computer (server).
If you want to modify a display just open it thru studio then save it, i do not what specifically you are going to do but let me knoe and i can give you more help.

widelto said:
If you want to modify a display just open it thru studio then save it
So with the system running I just open Studio, select the application, make my changes, save the changes, close studio? This is if the HMI server machine has RS Studio installed? Or does this machine have to have it installed? What if I want to make edits on another machine? Do I have to archive the app and restore it on the other PC? Using this method I think I would also have to back up and restore the FT directory or I will mess up the security??? Again, how do I get to the desktop from the app?

Thanks

Yes, studio has to be installed on the same pc as SE is installed, though as i told you my environment is exclusively SE distributed but this is my guess, in my system studio is located on the same server.

I think you can try to run studio from another machine but you have to deal with factorytalk installation and that´s another story, but if that is already done then no problem is expected.

To make things easier studio has to be installed on the same machine as SE is installed.