WinCC Flexible Bug (ProAgent) 2008 ... ?

userxyz

I opened a project where I used ProAgent.

On the left you can see DIAGNOSTICS:

fdgdfs2.jpg

In WinCC Flexible I could not find DIAGNOSTICS. Only when my project was open in WInCC Flexible and I then right clicked in Simatic Manager on ProAgent (under diagnostics), asked topen it, then I have this (DIAGNOSTICS ON THE LEFT IS NOT THERE ???):

fdgdfs1.jpg

So it's hidden or what ?

Siemens: you're like a woman; expensive, not understandable without many manuals, but we I can't live without...

Try to save and reopen the project. The first time after a conversion you need to open the project in Flexible and it will then take a little time before the connection to the cpu (project) is reestablished. If you dont have a valid connection to the cpu the diagnostic data wont be displayed.

hey

Hi Bratt, thanks for your help again...

Connection is good, in 2007 I can still see diagnostics, here not:

untitledeefred.jpg

Save and reopen, did that, nothing changed...

Bratt said:
Try to save and reopen the project. The first time after a conversion you need to open the project in Flexible and it will then take a little time before the connection to the cpu (project) is reestablished. If you dont have a valid connection to the cpu the diagnostic data wont be displayed.

In the main window of WinCC flex, open the 'Help' menu and select 'About'. Click on 'Show Version' to display installed Software. You will find that ProAgent is not installed.
To fix this, I opened 'Add or Remove Programs' in the Control Panel and selected WinCC flex 2008. Then I clicked on 'Change'. The setup opens and then select 'Modify'. In the next window select ProAgent and finish the process.
Apparently, during the initial WinCC flex installation, ProAgent does not automatically get installed when a 'Full installation' is selected. Best thing to do is to go with a 'Manual installation' and select ProAgent to avoid this.
Hope this helps somebody!