Can not open Eplan project

mulderm

Hello,

I have a Eplan project named with the extension p.
Example: project.p
I can not open it with Eplan P8.
Is this created with another version?
Why can I not open it?

Greetings,

mulderm

Do you get any error messages when you try to open it? I have Eplan 5.5 if you want me to try opening it with that?

What i know about P8 is little, in 10 days I will have a training about P8, so i might have the right answer for you in 10 days.

What i heard is that normally you can not import projects from other versions and still have the capability the change your drawings. I guess you can make in import like a dxf. But again this is what i have heard half a year ago.

What I sometimes do between V5.7 en V5.4 is to delete the crossrefferences (QVW-files), open the project and regenerate the crossrefferences. But before you try this: make a copy of the QVW-files!

As for as I know you can IMPORT 5.40 files in P8. I know for a fact this works with 5.70 projects I have done this before. The catch is there shouldn't be too much errors in your project. P8 is quite unforgiving about this.
You can edit the 5.xx project in P8 but not like an original P8 project. EPLAN advises to finish the project in 5.xx and then convert it to P8 without ever editing it.

Try:

project / eplan5 / fluidplan-data-transfer(?) / project

and press 'continue'.

This is the 'fast' method, but there can be some problems.

Also true:

"EPLAN advises to finish the project in 5.xx and then convert it to P8 without ever editing it."