2705 RediPANEL to ControlLogix

Nick D

Hello,

We are in the process of upgrading our PLC-5 to a ContolLogix. Our system has a couple of control panels that use the Bulletin 2705 RediPANEL and DL40 Dataliner.

Question: Can the RediPANEL and DL40 be communicated with on a ControlLogix with just the 1756-DHRIO module, or does it need to interface with legacy equipment?

I can't seem to find any literature on the matter.

Cheers

Nick

Nick, if your devices have a RIO connection available, there isn't problem to connect them to a CLX thru a -DHRIO card.

RIO is always the same in every platform (PLC - SLC - CLX)...

This is a LINK to a KB note from Rockwell, with some indications on how to get a DL40+ works with CLX via DHRIO.

Basically your devices should be configured as "Generic Remote I/O Adapter" under the DHRIO card.

Hope this helps...

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Thanks Fuzzy,

I have read somewhere that RediPANELs incorporate 1771-ASB electronics inside. Does this mean that for the RediPANEL, I should select the 1771-ASB under the DHRIO tree?

Since the panel is a combination of I/O and RIO, after configuring a RIO adaptor do I add digital I/O modules to represent the pushbuttons and indicators?

Thanks again

Nick D

Fuzzy,

I found that link a couple of days ago and it cleared things up, thanks.

I set up a program using the generic adaptor instead of the 1771-ASB and it seemed to work fine. Do you know if, by doing so, I have allowed for possible errors later down the track? In other words what effectively is the difference between them.. if any?

Cheers

Nick

Nick, I think you will have not errors on that.

Using RIO, there is no differances between the 1771-ASB or Generic profile... if you see there is not an Electronic keying for those modules.
RIO is based on hardware, only important things are Rack/Group/Size attributes.
The Catalog number is only for program documentation.

Cheers.

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]