Communication problems with ET200S

Anjenny

Hi
I've set up a small testing enviroment. I have a PLC s7-300 with CPU 315-2 PN/DP, a Switch SCALANCE X005 and a Remote I/O ET200S with IM 151-3. They are connected with each other via PROFINET.
But when in Step 7 in HWConfig i can see the CPU and the ET200S with the function PLC=> ethernet => edit Ethernet node.
Here is can assign the CPU an the ET200s a IP Address and Device Name. So far everything works. I can even ping them from the PC.
But when I download the HWConfig to the PLC I get a BF and a SF.
I've checked everything three times but I can't fix this. Does anyone know what the solutions could be.

greetings anjenny

Hi

IO Device Diagnostics are unavailable
and the CPU Diagnostic buffer says
- Memory reset executed
- Stop caused by stop switch being activated
- Mode transition from Stop to Startup
- Profinet IO: IP address of an IO device already exists
that's al it says.
I didn't get much out of that. And everything seems to be connected good as it should be. I let a someone check the connections and the config and he said it should work. But it doesn't.

Any other ideas

greetings anjenny

You can export the entire diagnostics buffer to a text file and post it here.

Apart from that, I am not proficient in Profinet. Someone else can step in and clarify the steps for the initial commisioning of a Profinet configuration.

This is the last entry. It looks like you have stopped the CPU from STEP7.
Event 1 of 116: Event ID 16# 4304
STOP caused by PG stop operation or by SFB 20 "STOP"
Previous operating mode: RUN
Requested operating mode: STOP (internal)
Incoming event
03:21:14.625 PM 10/14/2008

This is the second-last entry.
It looks like there is no problem and the CPU goes to RUN mode ???
Event 2 of 116: Event ID 16# 4302
Mode transition from STARTUP to RUN
Startup information:
- Startup with modified system configuration
- Difference between setpoint and actual configuration
- Time for time stamp at the last backed up power on
- Single processor operation
Current/last startup type:
- Warm restart triggered by switch setting; last power on backed up
Permissibility of certain startup types:
- Manual warm restart permitted
- Automatic warm restart permitted
Last valid operation or setting of automatic startup type at power on:
- Warm restart triggered by switch setting; last power on backed up
Previous operating mode: STARTUP (warm restart)
Requested operating mode: RUN
Incoming event
03:07:31.058 PM 10/14/2008

Hi
that's weird because I haven't made any program yet and in the online mode SFB20 doesn't exsist.
all I did so far was the HWConfi and nothing else.

Anjenny

It says "STOP caused by PG stop operation or by SFB 20 "STOP"

What is important is that it says that at 03:07:31 CPU time it went to RUN mode. And that seems to indicate that there were no errors at the time.

I recommend that you check the HW Diagnostics. It will only show what errors that are present at any given moment.

There is a "Feature" you are missing. When you go to the "Ethernet" tab and "Assign" you have to go back and "Verify" also.

Hi

I've done the assign and verify part and it didn't work still get BF and SF.
And I checked the HW Diagnostics. nothing changes when I disconnect the ET200S. the diagnostic buffer doesn't change.

greetings anjenny