Password protected 5/05

bobster83

I have a line with 7 PLC's on it for various machines. One of my PLC's is password protected. Does anyone know how I can get online without the password? I have no back up copy of the program.

Password work arounds dont go down to well here. However, should the machine be well out of warranty and / or no longer recieves support, and you have tried to purchase the OEM code with a refusal and there is no copyright issues, then you are left with little choice but to workaround the password. I am inexpereinced with your model of processor, but I have got into micrologix with reletive ease. Been an older I model I am assuming the password is sent to the PC for comparison which is the case for most processors. You just gotta know what to look for with the right software. Thats about all the clues I will probably be allowed to give you without getting into to much trouble. Have a hunt around mate, theres a good document I found via google which got me started.

This forum frowns on password bypassing, just google password slc 500 and see what you can find.

Last edited: