Help finding AB Technote

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Three laptops ago, I kept a copy of the AB technote regarding online edit issues with ethernet I/P SLCs, or ML1100. This is the note regarding the ethernet I/P Rslinx driver , where after assembling an online edit, an error message pops up regarding edit failed,online resource could not be obtained and the ladder icon at the top toolbar spins rapidly.

The solution I have used to overcome this is to use the regular AB Ethernet Rslinx driver.

I always like to keep important technotes and documents in a folder on my laptop to aid my guys in the field or myself on a startup, but this technote never made onto my new laptop, and I cannot locate the note on Rockwell's support site.

thats the one, I also just found it by expanding my search of the knowledge database. I previously limited it Programming products, but when I broadened the search to all, I found it.

Thanks

Please forgive the hi-jack, but...

We have one somewhat overburdened 5/05 that has an issue with online edits.

My partner has been kicked offline during online edits a few times. I don't know the specific errors, but he has followed all the recommendations by A/B including those in the link above and it still happens.

Its a 5/05 series C 64k with firmware version 10

The weird part, is that 5-8 hours later, the PLC will quit talking to the RSViewSE station and require a download in order to restore those comms. It will not allow an online RSLogix500 connection via the ethernet port once it has kicked him offline. I don't know if he's tried serial during these freak occurrences.

Have you ever seen a SLC kick you offline and then >5 hours later lock up its e-net port?

He is supposed to contact tech support, but I don't know where that process is at to date...I think he's procrastinating dragging them into it until he's scoured every other possibility.

He seems to think it is related to the quantity of edits, and how quickly he tries to assemble them. I had to make a simple online edit to the program today (add one branch and one XIC). It took a few seconds to go to test mode, and then I was careful to wait thirty seconds or so before assembling it.

The scan time is around 60-70ms with lots of devicenet comms and significant HMI traffic...we really need controllogix there, but not in the near term budget...

Paul

Last edited: