PLC Training Video

Viks

Hi Guys,
Can anyone advice me how effective this PLC training video really is for a beginner? I have basic knowledge of programing but need more knowledge in application instructions,data manipulation and PID ect. Has anyone here tried this out? All advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Haven't done the video thing yet - bought both books, though. I thought they were great for the beginner through intermediate range.

Viks said:
Hi Guys,
Can anyone advice me how effective this PLC training video really is for a beginner? I have basic knowledge of programing but need more knowledge in application instructions,data manipulation and PID ect. Has anyone here tried this out? All advice appreciated.

Cheers,

We have both books and the video. I use them as part of my core training for new employees in our Quality Control and Testing department and our Support department. You do not always have the luxery of hirinf people with PLC experience. What these products give is the basic kowledge of how to work with a PLC. I am not sure that you will get the detail that you want. For us thought they work great and shortent he learning curve by several months.

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments guys. I think I will get the videos anyway but as for the books I already have one by Hugh Jack. Hope this will teach me some new stuff!!!!!!!!
cheers,