Need help setting up PLC training kit

ziyaddin2015

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am working on setting up my own 1756 B series PLC rack, power supply 1756-PB75 /B, 1606-XLS480E -redundant 24 DC power supply, controller logix5561 , EthernetIP card as well. I can go online with PLC. I would like to to setup Kinetix 6000 drive to do some tuning and so on. Maybe later on some VFD’s as well. Do I need a step up transformer 120 to 240 VAC, motion and sercos cards as well? Thanks

image.jpg

I don't see Sercos products anymore so unless you're going to be working with some old Sercos hardware, save your money. But before you purchase any Kinetix or VFDs, you may want to check that your processor can be upgraded to the minimum version required to communicate with said Servo/VFD products.

The Kinetix 6000 needs both a SERCOS module and 240V AC to power up one of the LIM modules.

Since that's a 1756-EN2TR, you can do CIP Motion to CIP Ethernet drives like the Kinetix 350 or 5500.

But you can do virtual axes right away !

I got the following items and having a hard time finding the proper step up transformer. I want to run a single servo motor on that transformer. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

MPL-A310P-M Motors 200VAC (Absolute high resolution feedback devices)
2094-AC09-M02 Kinetix 6000 Integrated Amplifier
2090-CPWM7DF-16AA05
2090-CFBM7DF-CEAA05
1756-M08SE SERCOS
1756-MO2AE Analog Encoder servo

I was able to setup the kinetix 6000 drive in demo mode input voltage 120VAC and I got it auto tune but for some odd reason actual position does not go above 1 degree when commended position set to anything. I don’t see actual position change and it’s always below 1. I was using motion direct commands. The velocity is working proper. Also, I have setup serial connection using a 1203 usb and I do see actual position change in drive parameter section when I am in monitor tab. I don’t see change in actual value when running a trend or in tags monitor tab. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

image.jpg