AD DL06 timer capture??

tearhole

I posted earlier with a question about displaying cycles per minute on an HMI and resolved that one.

I have a related questions that I would like to present.

Situation: I have a cycle timer that resets at the beginning of each cycle, there is no pause time where the timer is not timing unless the machine is stopped.

Problem: I load the timer accumulated value and divide it into 1 minute to give me a current cycle per minute rate. My "cycle completed" bit is used to load the info. At this time, as long as the machine has not been stopped the timer is reset because the cycle repeats. Therefore I cannot grab the timer value as a static number to calculate unless the machine is stopped. How can I retain that value to be used until I get the new value for the next cycle? I thought about using two timers that would take turns every other cycle but it seems kinda like a 3rd grade fix and I haven't even bothered to follow the logic of that one to see if it would even work correctly. This one stumps me because the accumulated value never stops unless I stop the machine. I'm not sure where to even begin. Maybe if we can get some banter going some ideas will be generated. Could be that I'm approaching this from the wrong direction. Thanks everyone.
Chris

When the timer reset condition occurs, but just before the actual resetting of the timer, copy its accumulated value into a V location. Use that for your cycle rate calculations.

hey thanks for jumping in Mr. Carlton, at the risk of sounding stupid,... how would I accomplish that? The cycle time is not going to be exactly the same every time so I can't write in a comparative contact. Each cycle is usually around 6 to 7 seconds long.

I am using the same bit to load the accumulated data and to also reset the timer. It's the only bit that I have at that moment that I can use, unless I add a timer set to .05s to delay the actual start of the next cycle at which time I can one-shot the data to V-mem. Time is valuable here and over the course of a day those small bits of time add up so I was hoping someone had some sort of off-the-wall idea.

tearhole,

The order the rungs are placed in the ladder makes all the difference.
timercapture.jpg