allan bradley robot simulation

wally1978

i have to do a robot simulation assignment and have no idea where to start. Can anyone give me some tips?? It is part of PLC module EB160

The robot has to move left right up down forward back and open and close. i can choose the order but all movements have to be used and be able to pick and place objects. The solinoids can not be energised for more than 2 secs at a time.

wally1978 said:
The robot has to move left right up down forward back and open and close. i can choose the order but all movements have to be used and be able to pick and place objects.

Start by making up a flow chart of what you want your robot to do. The steps that it will take.

From that you will be able to determine what you will need as far as inputs and outputs go (Switches, Valves, etc.)

Once you know your I/O and your flow chart, you can start building up the logic based on what you know about your specific PLC.

wally1978 said:
The solinoids can not be energised for more than 2 secs at a time.

This is not a real concern, because a detented solenoid valve once energized will remain shifted until you energize it in the opposite direction.