RSLogix5000 Data Collection

pcgray468

Hello all, I am familar with viewing and editing ladders in RSLogix5, 500, and 5000. However, my experience is severly limited to troubleshooting from the mechcanics end. Now I am in need of your expert help.

I have been asked to do some CLX programming, and I have never done this from the start. I have a 1756-L61(slot 0)that has:
1756-CN2 (slot1)
1756-IH16I (slots2-6)
1756-MODULE (slots8-9)

This is CLX is for data collection to a master station in the plant(I assume another CLX). My question is after I configure the DI modules in I/O configuration, is there generally any ladder rungs that need to be added in the Main Routine or can the tags generated from the configuration be polled through CN?

Sorry if this question seems too elementary, but my in experience wanting to ask.

What kind of data is being collected? Raw inputs and outputs? Or production data like starved, blocked, cycle time, production counts, faults? Is this PLC actually controlling a machine or process?

The there is no control logic in this controller. The two 1756-MODULE slots are ProSoft MV156-MCMR (Modbus Communication Card)used for digital and analog values of SEL relays connected to high voltage buses. The digital inputs slots are monitoring braker status and alarms. My major concern is do I need to add ladder to pass the inputs along to another controller, or can the remote controller "pull" the data from the local controller tags.

I can't speak for your application, but generally status and alarm conditions are conditioned or delayed in to a final result. If the upstream system is existing, how are other systems that are connect to it set up?