OT: Old program requirements PL7-07

mrtweaver

We use to have a UMAX Laptop. However the unit died. IT dept purchased a used but good IBM latptop. Same parameters as the old laptop with serial ports and such. The they went and installed Windows XP. The old UMAX used Win98.

Anyway we went to install the software we use. Most of it went OK the one sticky point is with a software package called PL7-07. It is for the old outdated TSX - Nano PLC's (modicon, group schneider, etc..) Anyway it would not access the serial port. It was version 3.0 The tech got me in touch with the correct area to get ahold of version 4.4 which he claimed would work with the TSX Nano and also with Win XP.

However it will not hook up to the TSX nano it say something about unknown PLC. When I try to follow the config files I see TSX Micro and Micro Pro but nothing about NANO. Has anyone worked with these? Have you used WinXP? If so what version of PL7-07 did you use? How did you configure it? Thanks and have a great day.

I had the same problem a year back, and i solved it like this:

1. make a virtual "pc" (I used microsoft virtual pc) on your WIN-XP PC
2. Install your WIN98 on the virtual PC (I think I used Win311, can't rember)
3. Install your old PL7-07 software.

You may have to make some adjustment for the virtual pc, but it worked fine for me.