Old Panelview 600 Program Download Problems

Picklemon

Got a problem on an install this weekend I'm hoping someone can help out on.
I'm upgrading an old system with a SLC5/04 and Panelview 600 (2711-B6C8) on DH+.

I bought an ANC-120e USB to AB's DH+:
https://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-1784-u2dhp-alternative-usb-to-data-highway-plus-dh-anc-120e/

I had no problems connecting to the PLC or uploading the HMI program with the ANC-120e.

I'm getting an error 1030 trying to download to the HMI, similar to this post:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=99696

The ANC-120e appears to emulate a 1756-ENET to 1756-DHRIO passthrough.
In the AB Knowledgebase:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/13980/loc/en_US#__highlight

Panelview firmware is 4.44.
RSLinx is at 4.21.
Panelbuilder32 is at 3.83.01
I haven't seen anywhere to change the link IDs mentioned.

I tried using my USB to RS232 cable with a homemade DB9 gender adapter, but haven't had any luck connecting. It passes continuity check for pins 1,2,3,4,5,7, and 8. I've used this Prolific USB to RS232 cable for years with no problems.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on what to try next.

20230430_165701.jpg 20230430_165651.jpg

Last edited:
The upload vs. download issue with DHRIO routing is probably the culprit and may not have a near-term workaround.

Remember that PanelView serial cables to your PC should be straight-through, not null-modem. Don't try to use the Auto-Detect feature: just set up the DF1 driver for PLC/SLC/PanelView device type and match the data rate seen on the config screen.

That terminal should also support modern ATA flash memory cards; the most common ones are a CF card in a Type II adapter. Be sure to get a card under 2 GB and format it for ordinary FAT16; the PanelView Standard won't support FAT32 or NTFS.

I've seen a similar problem when trying to upload/download to panelview that can be seen in RSlinx through a serial-Ethernet converter with Lantronix.

Rslinx shows the device under the right com port, comms are there to it. I can go online with the PLC, but the connection is likely having problems communicating, possibly at the correct data rates due to the translation going on and it fails in similar fashion.

I think Ken is right where your best bet is to just make sure you can get your serial adapter working. if you aren't 100 percent certain if you have straight through or null modem connection cables, then just put a null modem adapter on it and try again.

I tried again with the RS232, and had no luck getting the HMI to show up in RSLinx.
I even tried a null modem adapter attached to a null modem cable and a different USB to RS232 adapter. I ended up giving up on RS232.

Fortunately, one of my coworkers had a few old 64MB CF Cards and Type II adapters.
I had to try a few different ones to get the HMI to accept them.
There were a lot of Unformatted Card, Check Card Status, and Card Write protected errors.

I finally got my program update loaded.

Thanks for your help!