Instruction code abnormal (mitsubishi)

alearon

hello all, I encountered below problem. the rung is as shown below.

m8000
-||--+-------------------[D102 D100 K4]
.....+-------------------[DSUM K8M1200 D102]
.....+-------------------[DSUM K8M1232 D104]
.....+-[> D100 K0]-------[BMOVP D102 D106]

The error is " INSTRUCTION CODE ABNORMAL" for the highlighted item.
I still need this code, so how do i modify this?

Thanks.
Al

Last edited:
Sorry, but there is no way of telling you how to correct this rung. What's missing in the marked part is the instruction itself. All that's left are three variables involved. So you have to check which instruction that needs three variables has been left out. The only way to do this is to try to understand the intended working of the whole program. With only one rung shown, I'm sure (almost) nobody here will be able to help out.

I've put the almost between parentheses because with the guys and galls here you never know. There are some real magicians around this place.

Kind regards,

jvdcande said:
Sorry, but there is no way of telling you how to correct this rung. What's missing in the marked part is the instruction itself. All that's left are three variables involved. So you have to check which instruction that needs three variables has been left out. The only way to do this is to try to understand the intended working of the whole program. With only one rung shown, I'm sure (almost) nobody here will be able to help out.

I've put the almost between parentheses because with the guys and galls here you never know. There are some real magicians around this place.

Kind regards,

I am going to guess there is a MOV command before the D102 D100 K4 which should be DMOV as you are then using DSUM.

Hello all,
I notice that the instruction is missing and i did try DMOV but cant get it to work as i wan. anyway i'm trying another similiar instruction at home. have to try it in the office tomorrow to see how it works.
Thanks for the ideas :)

regards,
Al

There will be only a few instructions that allow K4 on the end. Also, maybe you need DMOVP instead of DMOV.

If DMOVP does not work you may have to look at what other instructions permit K4 as a suffix.

Alternatively, if you know what it is trying to achieve, simply rewrite it. If it works correctly, it doesnt matter if your code is different

Cheers

Based on my limited knowledge of Mitsu and the limited documentation I can consult, I think BMOV or FMOV are better candidates for the missing instruction. Thank you tragically1969 for the push in the (hopefully) right direction.

Kind regards,