Message Instruction Error Code: 16#000c

Chan_1129

I have been working on creating a subroutine for my company to send an email from my controller to our email server and had been successful in doing so. The problem is that when I called for the subroutine it would send the email but only do it once. So I tried to use a return parameter to have the routine repeat itself and when it didnt return the parameter it faulted the controller. I cleared the fault and went back online with my controller but now I can no longer send messages at all instead always getting this error number 16#000c. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Error1.PNG error2.PNG

I think the MSG instruction triggers on a rising edge. I don't see how a second rising edge can occur in that code.

I think the MSG instruction triggers on a rising edge. I don't see how a second rising edge can occur in that code.
I figured that out and have since put a bit in there that triggers it. my problem still stands though of that error still popping up. I have tried contacting rockwell, cycling power to the controller, and downloading a backup of the program from before I made the changes and all have lead to nowhere.

Before I had it set so that a trigger bit would call for the routine, but since I got that error I've had the routine always being called for to try and fix it.

First: the rung conditions before an MSG instruction must go from false to true in order to re-trigger the instruction. Just calling the whole routine won't cause that to occur.

Second: the error message "Unable to display the End User License Agreement" is almost certainly being returned from a router, gateway, firewall, or the e-mail server itself.

What is the contents of the EmailConfigString tag ?

Enter that IP address into a web browser and I'll bet you a shiny metal donut you get a portal or landing page that requires you to click through an EULA before you can use the webmail service.

E-mail diagnostics with any embedded system requires a little more effort than with most purpose-built e-mail software. That might include capturing the data with Wireshark, or testing a non-PLC e-mail client against your e-mail server to work out the portal, authentication, and encryption issues.

I did what you said and as it turns out I apparently don't have authorization to access our portal I'll have to get with my supervisor then to look at it lol. In the meantime, could you tell me why the controller faulting makes it so that you have to step through the EULA?

There is a sample code for sending emails available in the knowledgebase.
You should use it first. Then you can try to write your own.
As for 16#000c code - the description in Logix is probably incorrect.
From my understanding, the module that is responded is saying that it can't accept this message in the current state.

Thank you for your suggestion. I actually used the example they had on the knowledge base for this and as stated was able to send emails before the controller faulted and any attempts at sending an email has ended in failure. I tried setting up the message instruction in the main program rung to see if they would resolve it and unfortunately it didn't.