Message MSG Instruction - Rockwell

CSKA

Studio5000, V31

I'm Messaging a MassFlow Meter, specifically to pull the Engineering Units (units of measure) for 6 instances.

Basically, do I need to have 6 MSG instructions using CIP Generic, Get Attribute Single? Or can I just use 1 MSG instruction to pull all the values I need?

Attached files are the values I am pulling:

Mass Flow > Engineering Units
Volume Flow > Engineering Units
Density > Engineering Units
Temperature > Engineering Units
Totalizer 1 > Engineering Units
Totalizer 2 > Engineering Units

I am getting the data I need correctly using 6 MSG, but this seems inefficient to have 6 different MSG instructions using Get Attribute Single, especially for just 1 Mass Flow meter.

Can I do this with just 1 MSG instruction?

Thank you so much

Capture10.JPG Capture11.JPG Capture12.JPG

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Because the object definition doesn't say it supports Get Attribute All or some kind of vendor-specific "Scattered Parameter Read", I think that setting up one MSG per Attribute is the most straightforward method.

Try using the Get Attribute All (0x01) service, or the Get Instance Attribute List service (0x55) and see if the device responds. The most likely initial outcome is either "service not supported" or a "response too big" so you have to expand the receiving tag array.

Would the Get Generic service code work as well? The data would have to be re-cast from a uint8 array, of course.